Audiologist – Bloomington, IL
Bloomington Normal Audiology is searching for an experienced Audiologist for our rapidly growing family-owned business in Bloomington, Illinois. This is a full-time, direct hire opportunity which offers a competitive salary, benefits, and opportunities for professional development.
The successful candidate will be a friendly, enthusiastic and compassionate individual eager to join our client’s patient-centered and community-oriented practice! We are looking for someone who is motivated to create relationships with patients, helping them to hear better and lead more vibrant lives.
Bloomington and its sister city Normal offer a reasonable cost of living with many big-city amenities such as festivals, sports teams, and concerts. They are ranked #1 in the US for most restaurants per capita! We invite you to check out their strong schools, short commute times, and mild weather (for the Midwest, that is!)
Administers Diagnostic Tests
- Diagnostic services for the evaluation of patients of all ages including, but not limited to, newborn hearing screenings, comprehensive diagnostic hearing assessments, central auditory processing, tinnitus, and misophonia.
- Communication needs assessments for the purpose of providing rehabilitative amplification services.
- Evaluation and management of OSHA-regulated hearing conservation programs for industrial accounts.
Manages Hearing Rehabilitation
- Counsels patients in a caring and respectful manner regarding test results, making recommendations regarding hearing care options. Reviews products available to improve hearing impairment.
- Fits appropriate hearing care products as deemed necessary to meet the needs of the patient. Selects and fits hearing technology, takes ear-mold impressions, and provides ongoing management with follow-up and education.
- Recommends and demonstrates Assistive Listening Devices (ALDs), batteries, and other special products.
- Performs hearing aid checks, repairs, and cleanings.
In addition to professional responsibilities, the Audiologist will be part of a team engaging in marketing outreach and growing positive relationships with colleagues, vendors, fellow healthcare practitioners, and community organizations. Our Audiologist will:
- Serve as an ambassador of BNA within the community and professional arena.
- Conduct presentations to a variety of local groups for the purpose of disseminating audiological information and promoting BNA.
- Volunteer in community organizations and events, and may actively participate in professional organizations.
- Coach/mentor staff audiologists, supervise intern/student audiologists, and serve as a “role model.”
- Master’s Degree in Audiology or AuD degree. Current Illinois Audiologist License (or the ability to acquire one by time of employment) in good standing. Must maintain required CEUs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills that allow effective working relationships with a diverse patient, colleague, and vendor population so that goals are achieved.
- Strong keyboard/computer/Audiology diagnostic and hearing aid software and equipment experience.
- Organized, able to multi-task, detail-oriented.
If you are looking for a professional, challenging, stimulating environment and meet the above criteria, please submit your resume/cv and cover letter today.